Formed in 1995, the Rhode Island Commercial and Appraisal Board of REALTORS® (RICABOR) is an accredited Board with the National Association of REALTORS®, located in Chicago, IL. N.A.R. is the largest trade association in the country and is the Voice for Real Estate®. We are the premiere Board in Rhode Island serving the needs of commercial brokers and appraisal licensees. Our members are representative of the top leaders in our state’s commercial real estate and appraisal industries and hold memberships in the National Association as well as the RI Association of REALTORS®.
The REALTOR® Association advocates for its members and consumers, provides professional development and networking opportunities, information and resources, enforces the REALTOR® Code of Ethics and mediates disputes between members.
The REALTOR® organization is a three-tiered organization. When you become a member of RICABOR, you also become a member of the Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®. You receive the right to use the REALTOR® logo in connection with your business.
Real estate and appraisal professionals throughout Rhode Island understand that a RICABOR membership is a valuable business investment. Your membership includes:
- Eligibility to participate in the Statewide Multiple Listings Service or RI Commercial Information Exchange (RICIE)
- Networking opportunities with fellow commercial real estate professionals and appraisers
- Continuing education and informational programs
- Promotion of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics to ensure professionalism and integrity
- Professional Standards services for the efficient and cost effective resolution of business disputes
- Legislative and governmental advocacy
- New member orientation programs
- Community and charitable support
- Access to industry resources and publications, including those from the REALTOR® Commercial Alliance
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to the industry.
REALTOR® membership is available to individuals engaged in the real estate business. This includes individuals licensed or certified as appraisers. REALTOR® membership enables appraisers to apply for Multiple Listing Service (MLS) participation and access to the full complement of MLS data and services. This includes active, sold, expired, and withdrawn listings as well as statistical reports and third party public record aggregators.
REALTOR® - A Brand You Can Trust
What is the difference between a real estate agent and a REALTOR®?
While an agent/licensee may be licensed by the State of RI to practice real estate, a REALTOR® is an individual who has gone to the next level in their career. An individual who is a “REALTOR®” is a real estate or appraisal professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® and can call himself or herself a REALTOR®. Members are licensed to use the logo in connection with their business and adhere to a strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. They also have an access to an extensive offering of services to enhance their professionalism and better assist their clients. Those eligible for REALTOR® membership are those properly licensed in the State (i.e. salesperson, broker, appraiser, auctioneer, property manager. ALWAYS USE A REALTOR®!